Originally broadcast on March 1, 2022, this Life Sciences focused webinar was aimed at helping data scientists and IT organizations with bioinformatics data management. We talked lab functions, lab applications, moving data from on-prem to the cloud for data authority and ways to move that data from raw to refined to aid in the analytics process. PTP teamed up with Aneesh Karve, CTO of Quilt Data, and Jim Davis, Life Sciences Business Development for AWS.
The following questions were addressed:
- What do you see as the biggest points of friction for biotech companies getting started with AWS?
- What are some key imperatives for early-stage life sciences companies when getting started working with AWS?
- What are the most important aspects of data management for biotechs to get right from the start?
- What are you hearing from customers that are the most common pain points in data management as they start to scale?
- Lab scientists and data scientists use different systems and tools, how should life sciences companies think about getting all these tools to work together?
- Can you provide some examples of work PTP has done to help data scientists get to actionable data faster?
We also had some great questions and comments from our attendees, such as “how you can integrate and existing Egnyte with Quilt Data” and the larger problem of changing culture from tools data scientists have used in the past to tools that increase data access for the organization.
Want to get started now? Check out our Quilt Data Deployment offer on the AWS Marketplace HERE!
Interested in one of our Biotech Guru Goat T-Shirts? Click HERE to place your order!