We are seeking a customer-focused, detail-oriented, thorough, and organized help desk employee to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support to end users with computer systems, hardware, or software issues. You will also respond to and resolve queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement corrective solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Level 1 and 2 technical assistance and support, and resolve problems related to the use of computer hardware and software for end users.
- Effectively troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk, providing accurate and timely updates throughout the request lifecyle.
- Triage and prioritize issues to reduce impacts to user productivity.
- Monitor, manage, and configure desktop security tools and report all security incidents.
- Onboard and offboard users, including but not limited to device/account setup, PC procurement, MS 365 configuration and licensing, and configuration of company approved applications.
- Provide support for MS 365 productivity applications.
- Respond to customer queries by phone, email and ticketing interface.
- Develop and update documentation as required.
- Document all activities and relevant notes in ticketing system.
- Ask appropriate troubleshooting questions and listen to end users to determine root cause of issues.
- Work through the problem-solving process with end users, empowering them to do the same in the future.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Evaluate returned hardware and perform necessary cleaning and refurbishing to ensure future usability.
- Assist with creating self-help knowledgebase for end users.
- Escalate significant and recurring issues to higher tier support teams.
- Other duties outlined by IT leadership or Technical Support Manager.
Technician Requirements & Qualifications
- BS/BA or commensurate IT Industry certifications.
- Proven experience in a Help Desk, Service Desk or other customer service role.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve computer/technical issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focus on end user satisfaction and outcomes.
- Keen attention to detail, memory of patterns, and interest in problem-solving.
- Desire to make an impact.
- Adaptability and flexibility when working on tasks and timeline constraints.
Join our team! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and we will respond as soon as possible.